Thread: Kobo Patcher
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #276
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
Now i tried this one, for few days, and what i noticed that with this line in, custom added fonts applied only to footer, not to text, like it should. When i patched Aura HD with regular Metazoas patch everything worked like it should. Except the position of the footer.

May be I'm doing something wrong?
Are you absolutely sure you were reading the exact same epub when you tried both versions of the Patcher settings? Because the problem you describe, i.e. trying to use a custom font and it apparently not working, sounds more likely to be a problem with the internal styling inside a particular epub. Unfortunately it's quite common for an epub's own internal styling to override the Kobo device's font settings thus preventing your custom font being used to display the epub text.

Is this a possibility?

If so, to offer specific advice on how to fix a particular epub requires more info. Is it a Kobo store-bought epub (kepub) or a standard epub? Does the epub contain DRM? Are you familiar with epub internal styling CSS? If not, are you a Calibre user?

Regarding the Patcher footer settings, the posted value is what I use on my own 2 Kobos and I am not seeing the problem you describe. As far as I'm aware, the Patcher has no effect on which font is used to display either the main text or the footer 'page x of y' text (unless you have your Kobo setup as locale Japanese, perhaps???)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote