View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #22
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Come on.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra_usa View Post
Do yourself a favor and don't drop money on Sony products anyway.
I had a shattered screen. They absolutely refused to stand by the product, even though it is obviously caused by poor design. The cost of repair is the price of a whole new unit! The customer service is horrendous as well.
If all e-reader companies are like this, save yourself the heartache and just get a library card.
Somewhat late entry on this thread ??
But, if you do something to any reader that is sufficiently severe to result in "..a shattered screen..." I doubt you have any recompense coming, unless you have taken out a warranty that specifically covers such an event.
Allthough you give no details, it sounds like the shattered screen was caused by your mistreatment of the device, not any design fault per se - you do hear of people who have done dreadful things to their Sony/Kindle/Bookeen etc... without harm, but they're few and far between.

None of them are made of transparent Kevlar, you know !

[ Actually, did you think to check your household contents insurance ? Most decent ones cover items for accidental damage - I know, as I managed to run over a pretty expensive camera, and got a replacement on our Contents cover. ]
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote