View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Limiting which metadafields are added for a new book

I'm wondering if there's a way in Calibre to choose which metadata fields the program extracts when adding a new book to the library. Specifically, I'm trying to find a way to exclude "Rating" metadata from being added to Calibre.

To be clear, I am not talking about when you download metadata from the Edit Metadata screen. I'm strictly talking about when you first add a book to your library, and based on either embedded data or a preexisting .opf Calibre automatically fills in metadata fields (Title, Author, Tags, Publisher, etc). Given that it's functionality that is offered in the "Download Metadata" settings, I would think that it's also functionality available upon adding a new book, but I haven't been able to find it. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Or where should I be looking other than the "Add Books" settings in "Preferences"?
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote