View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
We'll see, like I said, I hope it does sell really well. But I'm skeptical as the buzz around it online is pretty mixed--even when discounting the Apple haters/Apple fanboys.

I do think the magazine and newspaper angle really needs a lot of focus. And I say that as someone who reads neither regularly--don't subscribe to any, seldom buy one, just use the web for news and info. But many people do and tablets can replace paper versions much better than e-ink readers or PCs/laptops.

And I do agree that lack of flash hurts it on the video front, which is a HUGE use of the internet with many people (espeically younger folk) ditching cable and streaming shows online. If they don't add flash they at least need to add free apps for Hulu, the network sites etc. to get the video on the iPad like they've done with Youtube.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote