View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #27
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
I've written a program for reading eBooks on Windows Mobile devices. It can read txt, html and (DRM-free) ePub files. Screenshots attached.
[updated: version 1.0 released]

The program is called 'Freda' - short for 'free reader', since it is free software (both in the sense of 'free beer', as I am not charging for it, and in the sense of 'free speech', as I am licensing my code under the GPL).

It's in 'public beta' at the moment, so please download it and let me have any feeback.

The program uses two third-party libraries, SharpZipLib and the Majestic-12 HTMLParser library; both are licensed on terms permitting their redistribution for commercial and non-commercial purposes. More information is here

Happy reading!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Book1.jpg
Views:	1007
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	41156   Click image for larger version

Name:	Book4.jpg
Views:	963
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	41157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Book5.jpg
Views:	1018
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	41158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bookshelf.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	41159   Click image for larger version

Name:	Library.jpg
Views:	1007
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	41160  

Last edited by Jim Chapman; 12-13-2009 at 02:54 AM.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote