View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 01:08 AM   #10
noork85
noork85 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 4
i think im going to have to use the copy and pasting feature.

im not sure i understand the rest...but i guess ill think about that after i do the copy and pasting...

thank you all for your suggestions. keep them coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanos View Post
As you indicated, your pdf has a text layer from the OCR. One of the more tedious things is getting the text into the word processor without all of the headers, page numbers, etc. that you would rather not have in your ebook. I've found that it is easier to just copy and paste page by page into the word processor. One tip is to hold down the ALT key while you select the text on each page so that you don't get the undesired bits of text.

If you use MS Word, there is a a clipboard feature that will collect up to 24 pieces of text for pasting into Word. So you don't have to keep flipping back and forth between the PDF reader and the word processor.

When you get the text into the WP, it will probably have hard line breaks. This means you have to look at the orginal scan and add an extra paragraph marker at the end of each paragraph. Then, search for double paragraph marks and replace by some placer characters like "~!". Next search for all paragraph markers and replace with spaces. Then search for your placer characters and replace with paragraph markers.

Then you are ready to start the corrections, add back italics, bold, etc. and format to your liking.

Hope this will help you get started. Good luck.
noork85 is offline   Reply With Quote