View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #168
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
A couple of questions for those who already have the Mini:

Have you tried using a bluetooth keyboard with it yet?
No. The mini keyboard (with two thumb typing) is fine for the typing I need: replying to forum posts and emails and searches and dashing off lists. I'll use my computer if I need extensive typing for something.

Quote:
I would like to have a subscription to Reader's Digest or possibly other magazines so I could read them on the Mini. Is that possible and how?
You can get subscriptions to magazines via Apple's own Newsstand or the Zinio app or Amazon or Nook and some magazines have their own app. Magazines are one of the things that are better on the larger retina screen of the full sized iPad, but the magazines I've previewed still look pretty good on the mini.

The only magazine I've been using on my mini is The Economist (which I'd already been using on my iPod Touch) and I might ask for a subscription for a Christmas present. I like their free weekly selection of 6 articles and the ability to zoom to increase the text size and I especially like the audio download which can even be listened to offline. They mentioned calibre this week in their "Newspapers versus Google" article.

Last edited by Synamon; 11-13-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: multi-tasking = bad grammar
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote