View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeska View Post
I was impressed by the device until I saw in the user's guide that the WPA/WPA2 passphrase (aka password) must be between 8 and 13 characters. Is this a typo? For minimal security a WPA/WPA2 passphrase must be at least 20 characters. And the maximum is 63 characters, not 13.

If this is not a typo in the UG it makes one wonder if they are concerned about security and what other corners they cut.

Can someone who has one of these check if the 8 - 13 is a typo or not?

kees

8 to 13 characters for a WPA-PSK key is reasonably safe so long as your pass phrase is comprised of random a-z and 0-9 alphanumeric characters.

There are many experts giving differing opinions on how long a Pre-Shared Key should be and many of them are telling users to use very long pass phrases well above 25 characters all the way up to 64. This has not only caused some confusion among users, but may have also intimidated them from using WPA.

When I was in the Navy I had to use a 16 character system passwords and these were confusing and easily forgotten. In fact, sometimes a longer password is more easily compromised because people get sloppy and write them down.

Anyway, The Wi-Drive works with the Fire as reported by other owners: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=drive

Last edited by obsessed2; 01-21-2012 at 10:34 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote