Thread: MobileRead December 2011 - Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #37
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Yes, I like your suggestions, but without the fourth option if the poll will be binding. I'd hate for anyone to lose their vote since "other" wouldn't really be a winnable category.

And though it's a bit of "did the chicken or egg come first?", I'd suggest a hidden vote for this poll so that people vote their heart without regard to poll results so far. Perhaps also keep it open for a good while - at least two weeks or more - to give all our various members a chance to see it and vote.
Two weeks sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Tom (or dreams, or any moderator who kept track), I'm curious as to the day-by-day results on a hidden poll. Did you keep track last month? If so, did the books that ended up with the most votes at the end always have the most votes? Or do you think the voting seemed to go back and forth more? Did you notice more later votes cast for books not in the lead than in open polling months?

Perhaps one of you who can view results could manually keep a tally of the day-by-day results for this month and post them once the poll is over, so we can see how things progressed. I know it'd be a bit of work for one of you to do it, but it'd be very informative for us.
The results were pretty steady as I recall. Two of the books stayed pretty much tied for the lead.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote