Thread: I demo'd a K4
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I recently played with a demo model and didn't care for it. It was too small for my hands. My thumb had to rest halfway across the screen. The page turn buttons were not placed where I could use them. All buttons were too small. I would have to use two hands to operate it.

And it had a dollar store quality to it. Frankly, I think at $79 it is overpriced.

Since it was in demo mode I couldn't use it fully. The page turns were not fast on this particular model. The screen wasn't the best I've seen. I did think the background was slightly darker compared to the K3 next to it but that could be lighting effects. It's possible the unit wasn't functioning properly, though. Other functions seemed strangely tedious.

Checking the other ereaders on display, none seemed to function as intended. Not a good selling feature.
I agree with you on most of it. Darker display, page turning buttons are hard to push. You do need to use two hands. It does have a slight cheap feel to it but at $79 you do get offers that pretty much pay for the Kindle. I've already saved $28 dollars with the offers I've used. It will pay for itself after a while I suspect.

I really like my K4. I wish the contrast was better but I've learn to live with that one. The page buttons are another issue but it's another thing I can live with for the price. $79 for a Pearl display Reader is unheard of till now. So it's a great deal even with it's quirks.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote