View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #17
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Uhmm... Let's say they are a great move forward for narrative prose and will likely (over time) exterminate MMPB. The premium print formats will endure a while. At least a couple decades more.

Just keep in mind the game is ongoing, ebooks and reader devices are still evolving and there is still big money in the other pbook classes. It won't be long before ebooks break out from the narrative text domain.
Reminds me of a cartoon I saw in the Computer Shopper with a guy holding a computer, which looked like the computer pencil sharpeners, between his thumb and finger and saying "I remember when these were the size of footballs"

Of course this was in 1985-6 when Mini-computers were still widely used, still more than a few in use, but now people are starting to complain about the size and price of Blade servers

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote