View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Complain to the people you bought it from. Get a refund. There's no easy* way to fix up the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinwolf View Post
I recently bought and downloaded Foundation series by Isaac
Asimov on DRM mobipocket format.
On my be-book when I get to a certain page (in fact this has
so far happened on 2 seperate pages in Foundation) and try
to go to the next page I`m kicked out of the book back to
the file menu. This happens every single time.
On looking at the book on my PC using mobipocket reader I
can see a strange character which looks like a square on the same page as the one where I am kicked out on the be-book.
I can only assume it is this character which is causing the
problem.
I`ve tried downloading the book a couple of times with the
same result.
I`ve even tried buying the book from another site but it`s the same file with the same character.

Any ideas?
Is there a way to delete the character?

*OK, it /is/ possible. But it's complicated, and possibly breaks licences and/or laws. Because the first thing you'd need to do would be to strip the DRM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote