View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #12
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The spec says it needs to validate and it does. As jellby said order of attributes should not matter. That said it's worth looking into changing to accommodate the Nook (I have a touch and this change still conforms to the spec).

Please open a bug on Sigil's bug tracker. Include what was found as far as getting covers to show on the Nook and a link to this thread. This way I won't forget to look into changing the order back to how 0.3 has them. This way others can see the issue and look into it if I'm taking too long.

Even with possibly changing Sigil, B&N's reader is still wrong and they really need to fix it.
Xerces in Sigil is the one reordering attributes and there's no way to make it not do that (I looked). The Xerces devs say (rightly so) that attribute order is irrelevant in XML so they took some liberties with optimizing attribute storage internally (the use a dict, so they don't store the original order). When it's time to serialize the XML back from the DOMDocument into a string, attributes are written out in alphabetical order.

Again, they're right, the XML spec says that attribute order is arbitrary.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote