View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookJunkieLI View Post
Wow. Thank you for your sarcasm, which is neither appreciated or useful.

I clearly stated I've never used command line before and I didn't know where to start. And considering that the first thing that the page @mbovenka linked me to says is, "Launch the main calibre Graphical User Interface," forgive me for thinking it was something within Calibre itself.

And, okay, maybe it's a basic OS specific task for someone with a background in programming but for the average user? They don't have a clue that command line interface is really the same thing as a command prompt, never mind how to open one. I asked everyone in my office if they knew what command line interface was. No one had a clue, and three of them are under 25 and considered 'tech savvy'. One thought it was a character in the Tron movie. And, seriously, it took me three websites using the google search of "windows xp command line interface" before I found one that told me it was the same thing as a command prompt and how to get to it.

Frankly, all you needed to say was, "It's an OS specific task so without knowing your operating system it would be hard to point you in the right direction. Maybe trying a google search with your operating system and command line interface would be a good start." See. Simple. To the point and minus the sarcasm that makes you sound like a jerk.
I got your attention. As others pointed out, you failed to do any homework prior to posting.

CLI is a USER operation, as anyone that learned to use computers in the MSDOS/UNIX days.

Those are the same days where you did not need a College degree (or CNA) to get a job using a computer
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote