View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 04:44 PM   #141
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Does this .epub above still have a left-margin that makes the text go off the screen on the right-hand side? Sorry, but I don't have access to a Sony hardware reader.

I want to nail this, so that the next version of PDFRead will work with the Sony reader from the onset.
Page 2 looks fine (images 0_0.png and 1_1.png)

The rest have the margin problem.

So I have a theory, well I'm pretty sure actually this is the problem.

If you look at the image size (width only) Image 0_0 and 1_1 are 584 pixels wide. (Both are on page 2)
Images 2-4 have an image width of 552 pixels. So slap an image in an HTML that is 584 guess what you'll get margins. I bet if you center the images you'll get even margins on both the left and right side.

The only way you'll get rid of the margins is to stretch the image to 584 pixels. My recommendation is that you do so but make this feature togglable by the user.

A couple notes. I recommend you center the image and also add a page break after each image or else you get smaller images bunched up on one page.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 10-22-2008 at 04:50 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote