View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #518
daldred
Enthusiast
daldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to behold

Device: Elonex eb511
I've just come across this plugin and was hoping it would help me with something, but I can't see how to manage one step...

Here's what I'd like to be able to do. If I see something I'd like to read on my ereader at some later stage, say while I'm browsing on my work PC over lunchtime, I'd like to be able to send it to a dropbox folder. Then I'd have a cron job running on my home PC which would use calibredb to add any files it found in that dropbox folder to Calibre. The ideal would be that when I next connect my ereader, it automatically gets those files loaded onto it - without me having to remember what I've come across and manually intervened to flag it.

So, simply, my aim is that I can send stuff I find to dropbox from any device, and find it's automagically arrived on my Kobo Touch after I next connect it to Calibre.

The calibredb CLI will allow me to add books, and to add tags. But the Reading list plugin (I gather from previous posts in this thread - unless I've missed a followup) can't pick up newly added books, or automatically add books with a specific tag to a list.

Is there (a) any way of getting calibredb (via the CLI) to add metadata to the book which will mean that the plugin regards the book as part of a reading list or (b) any other clever way of automating the stuff added by this method to the Calibre library automatically into a reading list?
daldred is offline   Reply With Quote