View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by prky View Post
Given the above test, where the regex works fine in http://www.pythonregex.com/ but it doesn't in Calibre, I'm suspecting it's a Calibre bug.

How do I go about confirming this / lodging it?
I've seen several discussions of problems with multiline regex matching. I don't do much conversion, so I've never looked at it, but I've read the threads, and the impression I get is that it may lie in the fact that the conversion process is a pipeline, and the regex may be applied at a later point in the pipeline than is expected. Or I may be totally off base.

As to how to confirm, you can always look at the code, which is open. As to how to report it, the bug tracker is the place.

As to a workaround, have you tried using two single line matches? Again, I'm no expert, but I have the impression that you could single line match the header and the footer to remove two single lines. Despite the fact that the header/footer removals are labeled as such, I think they match anywhere.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote