View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #75
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
I'm not actually against a touchscreen on the grounds of clarity, I have only seen the 600 in reviews so far and it seems fine to me, my objection to touchscreen is more of a general thing that applies to most companies when they introduce a touchscreen in that it becomes the sole means of interaction and they overlook the times when something else might be more appropriate.
I agree. I would like a touchscreen for note taking, hilighting, even selecting books from the menu, but for turning pages I think the buttons on the side of the device, like the 505 has, make much more sense. Back when I read on a PDA I would almost always use the devices scroll button to change pages, not screen-tapping. The #1 thing I miss about those days, however, is the ability to hilight and take notes. I guess it just comes down to weighing what's most important for you.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote