View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I have to admit that I still pop the SM card out (CF for my REB 1200), once in a while, when I'm too lazy to double-click the impserve.exe.

I know, I know, old habits die hard...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
Just curious: for those who chose "I take out the SM card and manually transfer ebooks using my PC's card reader", what's the reason you do that? I think I must've removed the SM/CF card only once or twice (for firmware upgrades) -- otherwise I prefer the USB cable option. Pulling out the card is very inconvenient and I'm always afraid I'll break it if I pull hard...

That would be me...

Before impserve, I would have to launch GEBLibrarian (it was a slow starter, to boot), navigate to the directory I had just placed my .imp ebook, then do the transfer thing...

For the REB1200, it was easier to take out the CF card, put it my CF-SM Sandisk reader (I thought ahead when I bought this ), then just place the .imp in the root directory of the drive assigned to the CF reader. Quick and safe!

For the EBW1150, I would rarely pop out the SM card (for fear of breaking it or my reader!), so I usually would wait for the GEBLibrarian to start, navigate down and load it that way. Fear made me do it this way more often than not!

Again, a thing of the past, now that we have impserve!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote