View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #262
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by slih44gb View Post
Thanks so much, I will! =)

/addition:

Wikipedia says, the Paperwhite boasts 758 instead of 768 horizontal pixels. Didn't solve my problem, though.

Does anyone else have problems with formatting/font/cut-off of text, that gets pushed over a new pagebreak?

Or missing pages resulting in a blank page giving an error when opened in acrobat?
The most reliable way for you to convert your PDF file (if you want native PDF output) is with the -bp option. This ensures that every converted page will have content from only a single source page. Most of the issues you are having are because of the way k2pdfopt renders multiple source document pages onto one destination page. If the two source pages use the same macro name for different things, then the result is that the macro from the earlier page gets overwritten by the macro from the later page, and the displayed converted page is then incorrect. With some PDF files you can get away with it because each page has different macro names, but with your particular PDF file, you cannot (this is why examples are so helpful). There is probably a better way to combine two source PDF pages into a single destination page, but I haven't figured it out yet (still learning about PDF).

Unfortunately, that means you have to live with the gaps due to the page breaks. There's not much I can do about that given that -bp has to be used to render the converted file correctly (unless you use non-native mode by adding -n-). Sorry I can't do better for you for now. I'll try and investigate more about how to render multiple source pages into one destination page. I think there are other programs that do it that I can try and learn from. I'll also consider adding an option that inserts a gap between source pages rather than completely breaking the page. As you've deduced, there isn't really a good inbetween option right now.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote