View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #13
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The downside is that if you want to edit the content of the EPUB, it seems that you need to delete it off the NC, edit the original HTML file on your PC and then convert the updated file to an EPUB again.
You can edit the epub file itself by using Sigil. Once I have converted HTML to epub, I seldom if ever go back to the HTML again.

Speaking of which, I had an rtf wordprocessor file that I converted to epub using Calibre. The file had a lot of images and resulted in a rather large epub file. The latest version of Calibre, when I converted from rtf to epub, gave me a message to instead use OpenOffice to convert the rtf to HTML and then convert the HTML to epub using Calibre. I did this and it worked MUCH better, giving me a smaller epub and better images.

So, the moral of the story is to use an HTML file when possible to convert to epub (which you are doing). But, as I say, once you are done, use Sigil to edit and fine-tune the epub - e.g. table of contents, some navigation screens (like say a list of illustrations that jump to the image), etc.

Of course, if you really have a webpage that you need to keep in synch with the epub, then you might want to start over each time with the HTML and reconvert.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote