Thread: Sony cracked?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #15
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
So in general I always want to install ADE before Sony's ebook library? I've of course done that as historical accident since ADE was available first...
Actually, no, that isn't necessary. The Sony software authorizes your computer with your Adobe ID, just like Digital Editions does. When you first sign into your Sony account, it will ask for your Adobe ID/password if they are different from your sony account details.

In fact, I had the sony software installed and activated. I then installed ADE (so I could retrieve the key to de-drm epub files) and when I ran ADE, it told me my computer was already authorized to my Adobe ID.

In short, the sony software and Adobe DE both perform identical functions, you can use either of them without problems. In fact the Sony software also lets you download purchased books (in .ascm format) from other ebook stores.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote