View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #25
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
A standard is generally something (a spec) that is published in some open format with "permission" for anyone to use it. For example, OpenXML is a "standard" even though pretty much only Office 2007 uses it.

BOb
just cause one group makes something and says.... THIS is a standard... it doesn't actually mean people will recognize it as so.

and in fact most hardware makers are just laughing at it. Amazon is a member of the IDPF... yet they do not even follow it...

I think epub is laughable. i dobut it will ever become a standard in the industry.

no worries desertgrandma, it I saw someone attacking the kindle I would defend it too.. I love the kindle.. if only it were smaller.

Look at the IDPF forums to see how serious they take it.. the most posting member is a spammer trying to sell hacked software and its been sitting there for over a month.

Last edited by Andybaby; 01-14-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote