View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #87
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Ummm, really? Must be some small town librarians.

I always thought they did that so that the librarian could fake that she'd read it (like mini-cliff notes).

I don't think I ever had a librarian recommend a title, after I was, say, old enough to read, at which point I picked them out myself (librarians recommended the worst possible reading, in my experience, despite having lots of great things to read at their fingertips, which they apparently never opened).
We frequent 3 libraries. At one, the librarians are very friendly, and perfectly willing to discuss a particular book & make recommendations-- making that library, of course, my preferred one despite it's smaller size. Some winners, some losers (for me), but without a doubt better than analyzing the dust jacket blurb with no other input.
I've never had any worthwhile interaction from major book store chains, either. But I've had great advice from specialty bookshops & used book stores, and found authors that I really enjoy.
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote