View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 01:38 PM   #12
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur View Post
the last thing i did was uninstalling fbreader with the uninstall package,
If the uninstall corrupted the registry.xml at /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml then this might cause an infinite reboot I suppose. However, if you restored to 2.10 there should be no trace of the original problem left. You need to have a CF card present to restore to 2.10, but I suggest removing all external cards and fully charging the battery before upgrading to 2.12. If you are now at the constant rebooting stage, remove all external cards and try rebooting again. The only thing you should have left from the original problem is the CF card's contents and the user accessible internal memory contents.

The only time I ever experienced boot problems it was caused by new fonts, which is why I always put new fonts on an external card.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote