View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #18
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Mine is 502. I don't think that matters much. Mine is great.
I think (though I can't be sure) that the 5 means it's the 5th model of Kindle (remember Kindle Keyboard is also known as the K3) and the 1, 2, or 3 would possibly stand for which lot or run of the K5 the particular unit is part of. With most new tech there is bound to be some percentage that look ok but have some flaws that aren't detected til later. Even quality control can't always weed out all the defective units I'm sure. It's not always best to be the one to get the new toy 1st. Of course I could be wrong as to what the #'s mean but that's my guess.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote