View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #446
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Well after a long wait I finally got one. As for me it probably exceeded my expectations. I do get erratic behavior with the cover, as in, sometimes it doesn't wake the Glo up, sometimes when it does, the black bar disappears on the bottom. I have to go to the settings and then click on the clear setting and then click the solid setting again for the black bar to reappear. And sometimes when not awakeing from sleep mode, I have to shut it down completely then restart.

As far as I can tell these issues are all related to how the cover functions and not how the Glo functions. I can put it to sleep and wake it up the normal way by sliding the switch when it's not in the "wake-up" cover.

As far as the light distribution. I bought a Kindle Paperwhite earlier and returned it the next day. The light distribution on my Kobo is very even with just a slight and small shadowing effect at the bottom, which only becomes apparent when the solid bar is turned off, and again even in that particular case, nothing to complain about. I am assuming my Kindle experience was not typical as my screen had large gray areas that looked like a auto mechanic with oily hands and big thumbs had left thumbprints along the bottom of the screen.

Anyway that's enough, I got to get back to my book.

Also curious, If anybody else has had similar problems with how the cover works?

Last edited by fbrII; 11-09-2012 at 02:25 PM.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote