View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Tested 1.8 just now.

MUCH faster now on initial connect (after retransmit and update of database)!

Around 340KB/s when sending metadata from my Xoom to Calibre. Took just under 2 mins to connect with 4 000 books.

Uploaded ten books, took just a few seconds.

No problems.

Nice!

A few minor issues:
  • After you open a book, when no grouping is on, the browser should remember the position. Now it resets to the top.
  • The grouping needs some TLC. If you group on author and press back to get to "no grouping" again, CC will group on author again after a book has been tapped.

My wishlist:
  • An about-dialog with info about current version.
  • And of course, ability to use custom subdirs created from metadata. {#coll}/{author} - {title}

I would also like a quiet "background" mode. CC should then connect to Calibre as soon as Calibre has a wireless connection active. That way you could initiate transfer from Calibre, as long as the device is active. Perhaps limit it so the background mode only connects to Calibre while the device is charging? Or a "connect" option in Calibre, if CC is working in background mode?

That way you don't have to have the device with you at the computer to upload new stuff. Instead you just start charging it, at the bedside or whatever, and CC is ready to communicate with Calibre.

Last edited by Adoby; 08-24-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote