View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #23
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yeah sorry, I realized that after posting.

Cool, thanks for the explanation! It gets slightly clearer now. I'll look around some more...

Again, thanks. I'll try to stay away from the native part as long as I can (too unfamiliar with both gdb and arm assembly), but JDB sounds like a plan to me.

I totally see your point, and of course that's not the intention of it. I think that for exchange and brand new stuff, the forum is the best place. But ideally, the relevant infos should be aggregated somewhere in a more or less structured manner. Anyway, I just realized that I possibly didn't have to look any further than https://wiki.mobileread.com/. I'll try to get something on there, and we'll see how it goes.

So, finally back on topic with the launcher. A few remarks, as tested with my device after installation and a reboot:

- the installer as such works fine.
- the loop-mount of the configuration file (which is an excellent idea BTW!) does not always seem to work reliably here. I cannot reproduce the case, but in some cases the mount just vanished. As a side note, when issuing "restart framework" as you mentioned above, it may also be mounted multiple times. Furthermore, it will also never appear on the 'settings' and 'experimental' page, but only within ebooks. My personal suggestion is for this particular case to simply not enable the plugin at all, but to just leave the home screen booklet patched. IMO, this avoids confusion ("Launcher" only available on Home screen. Ican remember and live with that) as well as other complications. Just a thought though.

- usbnetwork toggling works. a small glitch: after being connected via usbNetwork and manually issuing 'reboot', the label says "Stop Usbnetwork" (instead of "Start") when invoked the first time (i.e. when actually still disabled). Selecting this once enables usbNetwork connectivity, and afterwards, the labels are correct. This is reproducible, so I guess it just writes a state file somewhere which is re-read with the wrong state after reboot(?)

- orientation changes don't work here at all. When using any landscape orientation, showlog -f says:
111220:221736 winmgr[1073]: W ligl:fbioctl::Waiting for marker

whereas for portrait inverted, I always get:
111220:221739 winmgr[1073]: E lua:invlock::Invalid global lock: D
111220:221740 winmgr[1073]: W ligl:fbioctl::Waiting for marker

On my device, this also happens when manually invoking "ipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock [UDLR]". Nothing happens, ever.

OK, I hope that's of some use. Thanks again :-)
I enabled it in books because I might want to run a launcher action in a book. I'll have to fix the mounting thing. It was supposed to be a temporary fix but I never got around to making something full. Usbnetwork only updates the labels if you use Launcher. If you turn usbnetwork on/off any other way, it won't update. You can do a soft link from usbnetwork.sh to the one in extensions/usbnetwork if you want and then it will always update the label. Rotations only work in books and in the web browser.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote