Thread: Troubleshooting Setting Timezone on WiFi kindle
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
I _THINK_ that the wifi kindle requires manual setting of the time and, as you note, for the display (when you press the Menu key). From what I've noticed with files that get downloaded, they have a date that might equate with gst (in my case, 8 hours ahead) and that could mean tomorrow's date depending on when the file arrives. This happens with files (periodicals) sent by Calibre.
Well, the funny thing is that it does sync the server's time, which is apparent in the fact that it says something like:

Date: Thursday, April 7, 2011 (I can't set that manually, so it got it somewhere)
Time: 7:05:25 PM GMT-06:52 (Not an exact number of hours off so the server and I are off by 8 minutes, and sure enough my manually set time IS wrong by 8 minutes)
ZoneID: GMT -06:52
Time Zone: GMT -06:52

If I could just set the zone to GMT -7 that'd be perfect.... (though the server's time does seem to be off by a bit)

Last edited by twowheels; 04-07-2011 at 10:07 PM.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote