View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #8
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
There should be no problems - when you buy a book, it'll get downloaded to "My Documents\My Books\eBook Library\", from which you can just import it into Calibre & use Calibre to communicate with the Sony. The LRX books will have 'odd' names, but Calibre can read their titles & authors from the metadata. (Interestingly, the Google epub books have reasonable names.

You can also just export the books you want from Calibre to a folder, then use the Sony software to copy them to the device - you'd gain the pre-formatting, but loose the automated categories that Calibre provides.

You could even use both, although I'd suggest that just to be safe, you only run one at a time!

Being in the UK, I can't register a CCard to buy books from the Sony store, but I have bought some with voucher codes & occasionally grab their freebies, all of which are DRM'd LRX - the bulk of the books I read are LRF though & while I did used to use the Sony software, I've switched to Calibre & have used that for over the last couple of months.

[More...] My experience differ's from kiklop74's! The Calibre issue refer'd to is almost entirely with News content (i.e. it might be possible to create books that show it, but normal one's don't) - also, if applicable, you'd have already hit it! I think you'll find many Calibre users don't use the Sony software at all & there's NO problem in using it for transferring LRF files in general.

Last edited by gwynevans; 03-19-2009 at 08:27 AM.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote