View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 04:21 AM   #4
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
In order of release:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon (Rock, 1973)
ELO - A New World Record (Rock, 1976)
Television - Marquee Moon (Rock, 1977)
Magazine - Secondhand Daylight (Rock, 1979)
David Bowie - Scary Monsters (Rock, 1980)
Original Cast Album - Little Shop of Horrors (Musical, 1982)
Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones (Rock, 1983)
Radiohead - The Bends (Rock, 1995)
Green Day - American Idiot (Rock, 2004)
Muse -The 2nd Law (Rock, 2012)

Actually, the whole list could have been Tom Waits... my favourite might even be the most recent release "Bad As Me", "Real Gone" is brilliant, and "Alice" wonderful, but I'm in a "Swordfishtrombones" mood today.

I do enjoy a lot of jazz and folk, but I couldn't think of any individual album that I'd want to keep with me more than the above. Classical's a different list, I think. I can't weigh up a Brahms symphony, or Mendelsshon's violin concerto against my rock favourites. And the rock albums get played much more often.

I've restricted myself to one album per artist. I've suprised myself with deciding that Muse's latest is actually my favourite, and been honest that for all Radiohead's glorious experimentation it's the guitar thrash of "The Bends" that I play the most often.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 12-20-2013 at 04:26 AM. Reason: spelling.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote