View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 06:12 AM   #9
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Here's my confusion: 3 scenarios

a) the kindle app - android - explicitly making a request of/for an .exe. gotta be no.

b) if as you say, the emulator is incomplete then why would something that doesn't have enough knowledge of something (DRM in this instance) know enough about it to make an intelligent request for an underlying .exe that doesn't exist?

c) Even just assuming that windows 8 was doing some funky parsing of the "type of request" - why then would it make a request of itself for an uninstalled/configured part...
(an .exe) - you sure it says exe?

either way it doesn't add up in my mind... none of it.
has to be something windroy? is doing?

and it's not a virgin system, you already said you installed 2 things on it

That said...
http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comm...s_78_natively/ and
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2118164&page=4
there was some mention on there of drmserver issues - although no .exe
hahahaha good points twobob.
latepaul has it right: Windroy destroyed!

P.S. I can't believe I'm actually using my eReaders for reading!!! What on hell/heaven/Earth has gotten into to me? I'm losing my developer spirit I guess!!! ?

Last edited by thatworkshop; 11-07-2013 at 06:15 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote