View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Jeff L
Zealot
Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Duplicate entries for sideloaded mp3's

When I sideload mp3's I get each song listed twice.

I copy the mp3's to the music folder of my Kindle Fire 8.9 either by USB or by Wi-Fi (using Wi-Fi Explorer Pro).

I create the same folder structure used by my Amazon purchases. So it looks like this:

Music
|__Artist_Name
|__Album_Name

The individual mp3 files go into the Album folder.

Immediately after the copy, when looking at an album's contents from the Fire's interface, I see this:

Song 1
Song 2
Song 3
etc...

Later this turns into:

Song 1
Song 1
Song 2
Song 2
Song 3
Song 3
etc...

Looking at the folder contents with ES File Explorer, there's only one copy of each mp3.

If I delete either of the song entries, the mp3 file is deleted and the song doesn't play.

If I move the mp3's to another folder (like the "download" folder) then the double entries revert to single entries. If I delete the entry, the mp3 in its new location (i.e. outside the "music" folder) is removed. So the Fire is somehow tracking the file move.

If I move the mp3's to another folder( the "download" folder), and then make an additional copy in a different folder (the "backup" folder, so that there are now 2 copies), and delete one of the song entries, both copies of the mp3 are removed at both locations.

Rebooting, seems to make the double entries show up right away. Not rebooting delays their appearance. Seems like a temp database being flushed.

So what do you suppose is happening here and how do I get the duplicate entries eliminated.
Jeff L is offline   Reply With Quote