View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #48
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Baen Books has been struggling ever since Jim Baen died. I use to buy the monthly bundles each and every month simply because there was always at least one book that I wanted. November was the last bundle I bought and right now, it looks like March will be the next bundle. I think that Correia was the last new Baen author that I really liked. Jim Baen had a talent for spotting and developing new writers as well as a talent for connecting with the fan base.
I also frequently bought bundles in times past.
Lately there are months that NO titles appeal to me, let alone a few that would have my mouse heading to the buy button.

The monthly subject type mix is just not there
Baen still has quality stories, but they seemed to narrowed the focus on the target audience.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote