View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #44
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
It's not limited to flash. There are more than a few sites that just don't work well with my iPad - gmail and safari are a horrible combination for instance. There are thousands of web pages that don't work well with certain browsers. There are W3 consortium standards in place, and yet some pages still won't open in Firefox, some prefer Chrome, and some work best in Internet Explorer. I wouldn't say any of those browsers are defective, nor would I say that a user would be unreasonable to expect their browser to open any given website. The fact is that there are differences in files and browsers and not any one browser can be expected to open all web pages. It's no different with an ereader.
I have not seen in my entire life a web page that just fails to open. They are displayed incorrectly, perhaps with some content missing, but note that here we are discussing the case of a complete failure to open a file.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote