View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
africalass
Connoisseur
africalass began at the beginning.

Location: Various - sometimes UK, sometimes South Africa, sometimes other countries in Europe / Africa
Device: Windows Laptop; Kindle Keyboard; Hudl2 (Android), iPhone
Using Empty Books to store other document types

Hi!

I'd just like to check if some of my actions on library management are feasible.

When I write a course (as a teacher) I then store it in my Calibre teaching library. These are normally .doc / .docx / .pdf files so this works fine. Handouts and other related notes can then also be added and I put them in the same 'series'.

I also like to add any associated .ppt or .mp4 that relate to the course so that they are all together. I do this by creating an empty book (with appropriate tags and in the same series) and then going to the file path and pasting the file in. This is the only time I ever do anything with the library structure, as I love that Calibre manages it for me.

However, I want to be sure that Calibre will not delete any such files, as it manages the file structure. Would Calibre delete these? Is it likely that in a future version these would be deleted? Is there any better way to catalogue these files with Calibre?

I do recognise that Calibre was not created for these types of files, and so understand if there is no way to store them. It's just that I love this management system, and am finding all my docs much easier to find this way.

Thanks so much.
africalass is offline   Reply With Quote