View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #14
woz77
woz77 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
jomic on win7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nook1220 View Post
I've got a Nook Color and I can tell you mad5427 got the recipe right. Use Jomic to batch convert your .cbz and .cbr files to PDF files. Load 'em on the Nook Color and they are gorgeous! You can pinch and zoom to enlarge the pages for easier reading (or just use the zoom in / zoom out buttons), you can use your finger to move pages around on the screen (very smooth movement), you can swipe to go to the next page, you can turn the Nook horizontal to view panoramic panels, there's a button for "fit to screen" and a button for "fit to width" which optimizes panel sizes. Only drawback -- it won't display the actual covers when you import them into your bookshelf, you just get a generic gray box with text. You'd think the ebook reader app would recognize "page 1" of the PDF file as the cover, but it doesn't. There may be a way to fix that, but I haven't figured it out yet.
I cant get the jomic web app to launch or the installation process to complete on my win7 laptop. What's the secret? I'm using jjcomic viewer but am interested in jomic given the rave reviews. Thanks!
woz77 is offline   Reply With Quote