View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #30
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
Have been reading that kindle books are not actually bought( even though some of them cost nearly as much as the actual book !!!! )
It says they still belong to kindle. How can that be?
I have lots of them!
Makes me want start buying paperbacks again !

What is the situation regarding all my Kobo books?
Google doesn't tell me.
DRM DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT.

As with anything that is copy righted you own the book. What you do not own is the right to sell it or make money on it in the future. That said in the digital age you only own the digital copy of it which means you an read it and enjoy it for life on any of your digital E-readers. You do not have the right to transfer the digital content to other users nor do you have the right to copy and redistribute the digital content to other users. You pay for the privilege of owning the book not the right to sell the same book over and over free of charge. Kobo has the Digital Rights to sell the book over over and over to anyone who wishes to buy the book but they pay the publisher a commission (fee) to do so. The Publisher in turn pays the author a fee for the right to publish and sell their books. The digital content you purchased is 100 percent yours as far as being able to use the information on your own E-reader after paying the fee. Any other use is illegal and strictly speaking immoral.

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote