View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Managing Conversions

I am running 0.6 b13, and I have a question/observation.

I have been updating metadata on many of the 700+ books in my library. My next step is obviously to convert the books so that I can have clean copies with updated metadata.

I tried to do a mass-convert of my entire library, but calibre choked on that. I was able to convert 100 books, but two or three had problems and didn't convert. I haven't gotten around to completing the rest yet.

However, this points out to me that I don't have any clear way of knowing which I've already converted, which choked, and which have changed meta-data but haven't converted yet. I believe the date information only shows when the library entry was first made (correct?).

I'm not sure about the best implementation, but here are a couple thoughts. 1) An additional date field that shows the last conversion time; or 2) A flag that can be set manually and is set automatically when the meta data changes. This flag shows that the book needs to be converted. You could then do a search/filter on the flag to see books that need to be converted. Every time a book is successfully converted, this flag would be reset.

Comments?
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote