View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #196
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
I ordered very soon after release (an hour or so) and my EDD was and is Oct 11 for the PW and Oct 31 for the cover.

I figured... KCCO - why the heck should I care... frankly, one week here or there... bah.
Maybe I am just getting old.
That is my situation EXACTLY. I'm getting the tan cover. My 32 Gb Fire HD is scheduled for Oct 25 and all the 16 Gb orders were filled on Sep 15 supposedly according to forum posts here.

Everyone should just relax and enjoy their new toys. Delivery dates are really not that important considering this is a pre-order on a new product.

I bet some of these posts where the delivery has already happened are just dreams as well. Plus, every week's delay may indicate a new factory run with improvements over the prior week's run if bugs in the hardware had been picked up.

In fact, if major defects were picked up on the first run, there may even be longer delays until the factories fix the problems.

As I remember, my Kindle Kbd WiFi 3rd Gen arrived super fast and had to be returned in a short time since the cover then was shorting it out. Those, who got much later deliveries, avoided that serious bug in the first factory run. Amazon made good, of course, but it did not relieve the annoyance for the first 3 months.

I ordered that one on 7/30/2010, received it on 8/27/2010, and received my replacement on 9/8/2010. The hooked cover, which was the source of the problem, was sent back for a full refund on 12/15/2010. Those, who ordered after 12/15/2010, had no problems.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-01-2012 at 05:24 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote