View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieton View Post
I own a Sony PRS950. I've ordered some DRM'd books from B&N only to find that I cannot open them, either on my reader or on my Mac desktop reader app.
The problem turns out to be in B&N's servers: they have my name wrong.
To open a DRM'd book I have to type in my name incorrectly, and my credit card number. It opens.
Trying to get B&N to correct my name in their servers has been a nightmare, from which I have to waken.
The problem is their computers but they claim to not be able to fix it.
Huh?
Another prime example of why DRM should be abolished.
The name that is used to encrypt the books is the name you have registered in your B&N account. If you change the name in your B&N account, and than dowload your books again, the books will be encrypted with the new name.

The Sony e-readers do not support the B&N DRM, so you will not be able to read the books on your Sony e-reader (without removing the DRM).
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote