View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I signed up for a free trial of a piano magazine, 12 issues. Turns out the mag only works in a browser with flash. Against my better judgement I popped flash on and the magazine reading experience was horrendous (I didn't really expect it to be any good, but benefit of the doubt and all...) I didn't make it through the first few pages of the mag before deciding even for 12 issues free of a mag I've enjoyed in the past on paper, it wasn't worth it.

Noticed they had an iPad version of the mag, but sadly because they outsourced that, and the company they used to do the iPad version obviously takes a cut of any subscriptions that come via it, there's no way to get access to the iPad version despite having an online sub to the mag. Not likely I'll buy an iPad only version either, who knows which device I'll get next and unlike paper mags, I'd like to stock pile digital ones just as I do with my ebooks

Glad it was a free trial, there's no way I'll ever pay for this kind of setup.

Only other magazine I've bought digitally so far was a fantasy short story one and they just made a PDF available for download. No fuss, instant download and readable on pretty much anything as it's a PDF.

Last edited by JoeD; 01-17-2013 at 07:15 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote