View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Kindlepaperwhite beginners questions

I guess, I'm also new to Kindle Jailbreaking (but William Wallace would be proud!), although I have jailbroken the iPhone, rooted my Android phone and installed custom ROMs on there. So I do got come basic knowledge of those things even though I'm not super techy and can program

So here are my questions:

1. Once I have jailbroken the Amazon firmware, I can install the Duokan 2013 as a quasi dual boot, correct? Would it make sense to work with the jailbroken Amazon firmware and Duokan 2013 when installing additional "apps" and hacks? So in essense having 2 "open" fimrwares to work with? What are they drawback when working with Duokan 2013 vs Amazon jailbroken firmware?

2. Can I assume that Duokan 2013 support these apps & hacks here too? https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Touch_Hacking

3. Is there any way to change the clock to 24h on the US locale on Paperwhite? There seems to be a solution for the KT but not Kindle PW

I have a new Kindle PW Wifi with firmware version 5.3.3, which I've read can't jailbroken unless you upgrade to 3.5.3, which I will do.

Last edited by readandread; 05-16-2013 at 01:47 PM.
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote