View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 07:47 AM   #5
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake51 View Post
I've flashed my lbook successfully a number of times using the same flash card - couldn't do it from a mac though. Card is 1GB, fat16, .bin was in the root - in short, setup was as it should be but it was a no go. I'm wondering if my device somehow expects the .bin file to be the first one found on the card and if it isn't then it's a no go.

@mvoosten: yeah read your posts about the problems you had and tried the same procedure. I think that did work one time but it's not needed for my device - wiping it using winxp's format works fine, as long as the only file I drop onto the card is the .bin. Makes me wonder if there are differences between the reader devices or if it comes down to different SD cards.

Thanks for the replys
Fake
I use the Kingston 1GiB that came with the lbook. I haven't re-formatted it and I can update while there are a lot of folders/files along with the .bin file.
Btw, you keep the USB cable connected while updating? The "from a mac" is curious, but probably you mean after transfer the .bin to SD card from a max machine. Otherwise the device is not aware of windows/mac/linux/etc, you simply use the machine to transfer files, either to built-in memory or SD card...
iterati is offline   Reply With Quote