View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I don't really want to vote on that...
Part of it, because everyone likes to get something for free. Some books for instance are hard(if not impossible) to get sometimes.
A site where I could download them would benefit me into reading those books.

Also, many times I've been disappointed buying something that in the end wasn't what I thought it was going to be, and regretted the purchase.

However, I've been able to download some items, that I did find very good reading/music material,that I would have never known if it wasn't for the download, that after a while I searched and ordered the book/CD online or in a local store!

Fighting piracy in my mind is useless,since there will always be people who will find a way to piracy. 85% of the so called 'pirates',are normal people downloading an MP3 now and then. 10% are those that download lots, and happen to not really do much with it other than store it, occasionally share it on the internet for others.
And only 5% really are making a profit or business from it.
I personally won't mind an old granny that happened to click on a file and downloaded 'the 10 greatest of 1955'.
I do mind people that want to become quickly rich by downloading (illegal) downloads for free and selling them with profit.

Those are the area's where I won't mind a stronger hand of the LAW.

And as for the guy who just wants to download the whole internet because he has an internet connection at home and pays freaking $50 per month, why not?
As long as everything stays in his room,why even bother such a person?

That's my idea about the topic, but if you follow the law, every one of the three (the granny, the quick-rich schemer, and the download the whole internet guy) are in effect breaking the law,and can be arrested and forced to pay a (sometimes ridiculously high) fine.
I'm not really agreeing with everything of the law, but in essence that's the reality...

I'd focus really on marketing, and get more sales,while on the other hand try to fight piracy in trying to capture those who try to make profit from things that are not theirs to sell.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote