View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #27
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I do slightly disagree with you on your last sentence though. We're a discerning group and while there are no shortage of garden-variety book club tomes from the U.S. and Canada, there are also no shortage of great literary works old and new, well-known and obscure, to choose from.
LOL, I agree with you and that was said a little tongue in cheek. My point really was that if we're to have a US book in a horizon-broadening category, I'd like to see it distinctive for pushing the envelope in a direction other than geographical.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote