View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
jeebers. TBH I am at a bit of a loss. The K4 really is the "lost generation" huh.

If that is what the docs say? then maybe that is right (oddness!) Niluje knows more about this than anyone. I am simply misquoting docs that have - or have not - passed under my nose.

For the puposes of running the vncViewer and hooking it up to your machine? forget the diags. there are plenty of docs on what it is for. not this.

Having only ever connected with Windows once ever to a kindle (which just "worked" might I add) I can't be much use there.

Attach Kindle to windows laptop. Found device. Searches for driver, installs driver.

open networking - set an ip (that matches the usbnet config and is on the same subnet as my kindles usbnet config setup for the kindle)

like say 192.168.2.100 and 192.168.2.1

unplug kindle

(on a 3)
~debugon
~usbnetwork
~debugoff

plug back in kindle

open putty
ssh root@192.168.2.100 (the kindles ip)
press enter for password.

Logged in.

That's what I did IIRC. nothing but the JB, the usbnetworking and a windows laptop.
About a month ago.?

HTH

You are really confusing me with this whole ENABLE DIAGSs thing - have you actually installed usbnetworking or some sort of ssh-for-Diags package??

In fact I'm gonna just go read the readme myself right now.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote