View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #515
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Actually, I think that it is just the radio frequencies that are different. 4G is Long Term Evolution (LTE) most everywhere. I think that T-Mobile in the USA calls HSDPA+ to be 4G, but that terminology is debatable. From what I have seen the iPhone 5 here also uses the nano SIM. Of course, if you have a SIM cutter tool every SIM can be a nano SIM.
This might explain the terminology (or just confuse you more).

But I ran across this:
Quote:
Apple will produce three models of the iPhone: one optimized for U.S. carrier AT&T's network and spectrum bands, another for Sprint and Verizon's U.S. norms and a third for the rest of the world, including two European operators.

Only Deutsche Telekom in Germany and Everything Everywhere in the UK will initially be able to offer the fastest internet access to iPhone 5 users in their markets, because they are the carriers holding the right frequencies.
So while the two European operators do have the right frequency, the phones sold in Europe will be different in some regard from the ones sold in the US. Apple won't be making phones that use other frequencies, so I'm unclear about the need for different models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
You call Apple users brainwashed sheep, you spend all your time in Apple threads dumping on their products and the people who buy them, you spam mocking videos and pictures and high-five each other over your little jokes. Every second post is a "LOL yeah!" or "So true!" In other words, you seek it out, then complain about it. Forgive me for rolling my eyes.
I don't disagree about the way PatNY comes off in regards to Apple, but I was confused by the fact that he has an iPod (according to his device list).