View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #186
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
  • Change all webbrowser launching to use Calibre's wrapper for the default browser for better Linux support
Quote:
Originally Posted by MykelAlvis View Post
The remaining question isn't about the plugin. It's about the plugin environment. The webbrowser.open call should have worked but doesn't. More precisely, it does not run on a 64-bit Fedora box using a non-RPM distribution of Calibre. Beyond that, I'm uncertain.
I understand better now. My impression was that since Kiwidude found a wrapper within calibre for dealing with this problem that it was more a question of documentation to ensure developers use the correct call for opening a web browser across platforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykelAlvis View Post
Given that I don't work with the calibre code, it's probable that the reporting should fall to @kiwidude since he has far greater context to share than I do.
I concur with you if Kiwidude thinks this needs to be corrected or better documented he would be in the best position to effect the needed change/clarification.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote